Saree Description : 100 percent handwoven, this Pure Tussar Silk Kantha Stitch saree is one of its kind. While the ‘Gheeya’ base of Alpona harks the authenticity of Tussar Silk, in more ways than one, the vermilion red cotton hand embroidered Kantha Stitch befits it brilliantly, on its canvas. Moreover the hand embroidery of this Kantha stitch almost becomes symbolic of the traditional Bengali Rangoli, known as ‘Aalpona’, albeit being embroidered with an absolute nouveau vibe about it! A perfect conglomeration of traditional class and contemporary regalia, this saree is versatile enough to be donned in a wedding or a cocktail sundowner, too! Our Alpona hence is a woven ode to all the women out there, who are the perfect balance of believing in traditions while being authentically contemporary in their own accord!
Disclaimer: Kalkatte Vaali vouches that all our Kantha Stitch sarees are embroidered with premium quality cotton thread, which delineates the risk of colour spill. Every saree of our collection is 100 percent hand woven, taking approximately 4 to 6 months to complete . Hence donning a Kalkatte Vali saree is paying a homage to the relentless efforts of our brilliant artisans coming from the heart of humble District of Birbhum.
1 metre approx
Pure HandwovenTussar silk
Premium quality cotton threads
– The blouse piece of this saree is natural Tussar silk that has matching embroidery on the sleeves.
– The featured blouse worn by the model is solely for the purpose of photo shoot .
– In the event of availability of stock, the saree would get delivered to you in 7 business days time.
– In the event of non availability of the sarree, connect with us to pre order. Turn around time would be 6 to 8 months depending on the density of the embroidery.
– These handcrafted sarees are not eligible for a return.
Dry clean & polish
Aalpona- Kantha embroidered on pure Tussar Silk saree