100 percent handwoven, this Pure Tussar Silk Kantha Stitch saree is ‘grace’ personified. The authentic “gheeya” wild tussar base of the saree, lends the saree a loftiness. However, the hand stitched Kantha embroidery on that, simply uplifts the gravitas of the saree. The entire body of the saree has dainty and flawless ‘kalka’ kantha stitch. The border and the frame of the pallu is a very contemporary kantha stitch, made out of double-fold inverse temple pattern. The pallu of this saree is an impeccable work of art. It is a heavy and immensely intricate kantha stitch of ‘lata-pata’ pattern, gracing the pallu. The entire kantha stitch made out of red, two tones of green and orange cotton threads, makes this saree a visual poetry, so to speak. Anindita in sanskrit, means virtuous, flawless or without fault. The sheer flawless artistry on this saree, makes it deserving of this name! Anindita hence, is a woven ode to all the virtuous women of our society. The ones to uphold virtue, but never stooping low, at the cost of their self respect, ever!
Kalkatte Vaali vouches that all our Kantha Stitch sarees are embroidered with premium quality cotton thread, which delineates the risk of colour spill. Every saree of our collection is 100 percent hand woven, taking approximately 4 to 6 months to complete . Hence donning a Kalkatte Vali saree is paying a homage to the relentless efforts of our brilliant artisans coming from the heart of humble District of Birbhum.
1 metre approx
Pure Tussar silk
Pure cotton threads
– The blouse piece of this saree is natural Tussar silk that has matching embroidery on the sleeves.
– The featured blouse worn by the model is solely for the purpose of photo shoot .
– In the event of availability of stock, the saree would get delivered to you in 7 business days time.
– In the event of non availability of the sarree, connect with us to pre order. Turn around time would be 6 to 8 months depending on the density of the embroidery.
– These handcrafted sarees are not eligible for a return.
Dry clean & polish
Anindita- Kantha embroidered on pure Tussar Silk Saree