Benuni means plaits & Raan is a bengali word which means the running stitch technique.
The plaits have been embroidered uniformely & closely with two shades of thread work across the body of the saree.
The aanchal has square patterns in which Raan technique has been used rationally & intricately.
Pure Tussar silk
Pure cotton threads
– The blouse piece of this saree is natural Tussar silk that has matching embroidery on the sleeves.
– The featured blouse worn by the model is solely for the purpose of photo shoot .
– The saree would take a maximum of 5 months to get delivered to you in the event of a back order as the saree literally undergoes a journey that starts from the weavers quarter to the tracer of the design to the embroider to the finishing.
– In the event of availability of stock, the saree would get delivered to you in 7 business days time.
– These handcrafted sarees are not eligible for a return.
– Photo courtsey- Jaypore
Benuni raan- Kantha embroidered on pure Tussar Silk
Asish Kumar Saha –
This is an unique saree, which is quite retro with respect to the art and design on the Tussar, the blend of sea green colour with the Tussar base is just seamless, the depth of the stitches are so intricate that it brings out a 3D effect in a very subtle way. This saree is extremely suave and can be worn on any event. I gifted this to an expat NRI friend of mine and she was absolutely flabbergasted by the lightness of the material and the depth of art and craftsmanship on the saree. A true delight. Just wonderful!! Keep improvising and keep delighting your connoisseurs. Warm Regards Asish
Thank you Ashish 🙂