100 percent handwoven, this Pure Tussar Silk Kantha Stitch saree is extremely unique. The rare copper Tussar canvas of this saree, makes it very rare in its kind. The white ‘sheuli ful’ kantha embroidery, atop copper, forms an unparalleled contrast for this saree. The intricate temple Leheriya embroidery in green and light orange adds to the exclusivity of this saree. The contemporary colour contrast along with the intricacy of the hand embroidery makes this saree very versatile. Be it a wedding or a cocktail sundowner, Aparna befits all occasions! Aparna in Sanskrit is another name for goddess Durga. The orange base is similar to the orange dusk of “shorot kal”, the season of the goddess. The embroidered sheuli ful again is associated with the homecoming of Maa Durga. Aparna hence, is a woven ode to real Durgas of our lives. The ones who twirl the world around with not ten but two hands only. The Durgas, who accomplish it all, in silence, without seeking acknowledgment!
Kalkatte Vaali vouches that all our Kantha Stitch sarees are embroidered with premium quality cotton thread, which delineates the risk of colour spill. Every saree of our collection is 100 percent hand woven, taking approximately 2 to 3 months to complete . Hence donning a Kalkatte Vali saree is paying a homage to the relentless efforts of our brilliant artisans coming from the heart of humble District of Birbhum.
1 metre approx
Pure Tussar silk
Pure cotton threads
– The blouse piece of this saree is natural Tussar silk that has matching embroidery on the sleeves.
– The featured blouse worn by the model is solely for the purpose of photo shoot .
– In the event of availability of stock, the saree would get delivered to you in 7 business days time.
– In the event of non availability of the sarree, connect with us to pre order. Turn around time would be 6 to 8 months depending on the density of the embroidery.
– These handcrafted sarees are not eligible for a return.
Dry clean & polish
Aparna- Kantha embroidered on pure Tussar Silk Saree