100 percent hand woven, this Pure Tussar Silk Kantha Stitch is a quaint piece of marvel. The base of this saree is handwoven out of authentic “Gheeya’ Tussar Silk. This ‘gheeya’ base, forms an exquisite golden canvas for the intricate hand embroidered kantha stitch. The attention of detail of our artisans become apparent from the embroidered patterns of small red flower buds with green stem and leaves. The minimalism of embroidery of the body of this saree, is an optimum contrast to its dense pallu and its borders. Further, the ‘Jhiri Raan Stitch’ of the border of the pallu adds to the beauty of the embroidery, along with the tiny ‘Paisley’ patterns to go with it. Arundhati in Sanskrit happens to be a name of a star. This saree hence is an ode to the unsung stardom of the everyday women of our regular lives. The ones who are changing the world in their own silent ways, and shining their own inner light, without demanding attention.
Disclaimer: Kalkatte Vaali vouches that all our Kantha Stitch sarees are embroidered with premium quality cotton thread, which delineates the risk of colour spill. Every saree of our collection is 100 percent hand woven, taking approximately 4 to 6 months to complete . Hence donning a Kalkatte Vali saree is paying a homage to the relentless efforts of our brilliant artisans coming from the heart of humble District of Birbhum.
1 metre approx
Pure Tussar silk
Pure cotton threads
– The blouse piece of this saree is natural Tussar silk that has matching embroidery on the sleeves.
– The featured blouse worn by the model is solely for the purpose of photo shoot .
– In the event of availability of stock, the saree would get delivered to you in 7 business days time.
– In the event of non availability of the sarree, connect with us to pre order. Turn around time would be 6 to 8 months depending on the density of the embroidery.
– These handcrafted sarees are not eligible for a return.
Dry clean & polish
Arundhati- Kantha embroidered on pure Tussar Silk Saree