100 percent handwoven, this Pure Tussar Silk Kantha Stitch saree is one of our finest, from Aangi. The mustard golden dyed tussar base of the saree, renders it a certain royalty. Moreover, the hand stitched Kantha embroidery on that, adds to that regalia. The entire body of the saree has graceful hand stitched ‘kalka’ woven on it. The border and the frame of the pallu is a very modern kantha stitch, stitched in double-fold inverse temple pattern. The pallu of this saree is however, the star of this woven art piece. It is a dense and extremely meticulous kantha stitch of ‘lata-pata’ pattern, gracing the pallu. The entire kantha stitch is embroidered out of onion pink, green and red cotton threads. The burst of these keenly chosen colours on the mustard base, makes this saree a literal art piece to be flaunted! Bani in sanskrit, is associated with Saraswati, the goddess of speech. The goddess with whom we associate the colour yellow and shades of it. Owing to its beautiful mustard base, we choose to name this saree Bani, drawing from the obvious reference. Bani hence, is a woven ode to every women who is fighting for their voice in the society. It is a woven ode to the power that a woman’s speech holds, and will hold forever!
Disclaimer: Kalkatte Vaali vouches that all our Kantha Stitch sarees are embroidered with premium quality cotton thread, which delineates the risk of colour spill. Every saree of our collection is 100 percent hand woven, taking approximately 4 to 6 months to complete . Hence donning a Kalkatte Vali saree is paying a homage to the relentless efforts of our brilliant artisans coming from the heart of humble District of Birbhum.
1 metre approx
Pure Tussar silk
Pure cotton threads
– The blouse piece of this saree is natural Tussar silk that has matching embroidery on the sleeves.
– The featured blouse worn by the model is solely for the purpose of photo shoot .
– In the event of availability of stock, the saree would get delivered to you in 7 business days time.
– In the event of non availability of the sarree, connect with us to pre order. Turn around time would be 6 to 8 months depending on the density of the embroidery.
– These handcrafted sarees are not eligible for a return.
Dry clean & polish
Bani- Kantha embroidered on pure Tussar Silk Saree