100 percent handwoven this pure Tussar silk is one of the most graceful creations, of our collection Aangi! The base of this saree is a unique charcoal grey Tussar – dyed out of vegetable colours.
This dense base becomes a perfect canvas for the bright yellow green and pink Kantha embroidery atop it. The hand embroidered Kantha Stitch on this saree further, is an intricate and dense artistry of florals and paisleys. The body of the saree is bejewelled with the most detailed work of paisleys, all over. The pallu of this saree starts with an embroidered frame made of out these paisleys again. However it is the work, inside this frame, that’s worth noticing. The sheer intricacy of the embroidery makes this pallu a riot of delicate coloured flora. Apurba indeed stands true to its name, meaning ‘one of a kind”. It is a woven ode and a visual poetry to the beauty of uniqueness within each woman. The true soulful beauty, that makes every woman on this planet, ‘one of a kind!’
Kalkatte Vaali vouches that all our Kantha Stitch sarees are embroidered with premium quality cotton thread, which delineates the risk of colour spill. Every saree of our collection is 100 percent hand woven, taking approximately 4 to 6 months to complete. The dye used on this saree is natural vegetable dye. Hence donning a Kalkatte Vali saree is paying a homage to the relentless efforts of our brilliant artisans coming from the heart of humble District of Birbhum.
1 meter approx.
Pure Tussar silk
Pure cotton threads
– The blouse piece of this saree is natural Tussar silk that has matching embroidery on the sleeves.
– The featured blouse worn by the model is solely for the purpose of photo shoot .
– In the event of availability of stock, the saree would get delivered to you in 7 business days time.
– In the event of non availability of the sarree, connect with us to pre order. Turn around time would be 6 to 8 months depending on the density of the embroidery.
– These handcrafted sarees are not eligible for a return.
Dry clean & Polish
Apurba- Kantha embroidered on pure Tussar Silk Saree