100 percent hand woven, this Pure Tussar Silk Kantha Stitch is almost a woven allegory. Woven out of authentic ‘Gheeya’ Tussar Silk, this saree forms a perfect canvas for the intricate hand embroidery done on it. Drawing from the name chosen for it, Durba has an overpowering use of rich green cotton cotton threads for its Kantha stitch. The red border of this saree is again a unique feature, completely embroidered in ‘Jhiri Raan’ pattern and not dyed! Moreover a keen look on the extensive artistry on its pallu would reveal that a unique numerical pattern of ‘three’ has been in synchrony throughout the embroidery. Keeping in mind ‘Durba’ being the sacred ‘three leaf’ grass, the embroidery shows one temple stitch with two dots above, (inverted and otherwise) if one has the eye for it! Further, the use of minimal embroidery throughout its body, not only balances its dense embroidery on pallu, but it also lends the saree an unparalleled grace. All in all, being named after the principal of Genasha (the supreme god of knowledge), Durba is a woven symbol of the grace of intelligence over transient beauty.
Kalkatte Vaali vouches that all our Kantha Stitch sarees are embroidered with premium quality cotton thread, which delineates the risk of colour spill. Every saree of our collection is 100 percent hand woven, taking approximately 4 to 6 months to complete . Hence donning a Kalkatte Vali saree is paying a homage to the relentless efforts of our brilliant artisans coming from the heart of humble District of Birbhum.
1 metre approx
Pure Tussar silk
Pure cotton threads
– The blouse piece of this saree is natural Tussar silk that has matching embroidery on the sleeves.
– The featured blouse worn by the model is solely for the purpose of photo shoot .
– In the event of availability of stock, the saree would get delivered to you in 7 business days time.
– In the event of non availability of the sarree, connect with us to pre order. Turn around time would be 6 to 8 months depending on the density of the embroidery.
– These handcrafted sarees are not eligible for a return.
Dry clean & polish
Durba- Kantha embroidered on pure Tussar Silk Saree