This saree is a 100 percent handwoven Tye-Dye Tussar Silk. All the tye-dye tussar silks from our collection are made out of 100 percent natural vegetable colours. The body of this saree is dyed in pristine lavender pink. To achieve this hue our artisans have used Lac. Lac is an insect found in India and parts of South Asian. The border of this tye-dye wonder is drenched in olive green. Bringing this shade to life was quite a task for our artisans. Extractions from ‘Hortoki’ (Indian Walnut) and marigold flower were accumulated. The extractions were mixed to achieve this particular shade. While the hortoki rendered the darkness of the colour, marigold rendered its optimum lightness and shine. A beautiful mixture of pink and green, this saree is almost a visual allegory of a lotus flower. It is for this reason we named it Kumud, meaning lotus in Sanskrit. When you don Kumud, you don the woven ode of women, who like lotuses are continuing to flourish in the murky adversities of life!
1 metre approx
Pure Tussar silk
Tie & Dye
Natural Vegetable dye
– The blouse piece of this saree is natural Tussar silk.
– The featured blouse worn by the model is solely for the purpose of photo shoot .
– In the event of availability of stock, the saree would get delivered to you in 7 business days time.
– In the event of non availability of the sarree, connect with us to pre order or you can also pre order in the website.Turn around time to get delivered would be 1 month.
– These handcrafted sarees are not eligible for a return.
Dry clean & polish
Kumud- Natural vegetable tie & dye pure Tussar silk saree