100 percent handwoven, this Pure Tussar Silk Kantha Stitch saree is an exceptional creation. The authentic “Gheeya” Tussar base of the saree lends it its natural gravity. The minimalist Kantha embroidery on the golden canvas, adds to that gravitas. The delicate yellow flowers, the rich maroon and green leheriyas all over the saree : the patterns maybe minimal, but their intricacy is something that needs recognition! Owing to this combination of minimalism, grace and gravity, this saree becomes very versatile. It can be donned from by any age group and for any occasion. We have named this saree Baruna, after the goddess of rain and sea. Baruni is our woven ode to the depth of the femine heart like the vast sea or the torrential rain. It is an ode to the unsung women warriors who are riding the storms and the rains and still sailing smooth on the sea of life!
Kalkatte Vaali vouches that all our Kantha Stitch sarees are embroidered with premium quality cotton thread, which delineates the risk of colour spill. Every saree of our collection is 100 percent hand woven, taking approximately 2 to 3 months to complete . Hence donning a Kalkatte Vali saree is paying a homage to the relentless efforts of our brilliant artisans coming from the heart of humble District of Birbhum.
1 metre approx
Pure Tussar silk
Pure cotton threads
– The blouse piece of this saree is natural Tussar silk that has matching embroidery on the sleeves.
– The featured blouse worn by the model is solely for the purpose of photo shoot .
– In the event of availability of stock, the saree would get delivered to you in 7 business days time.
– In the event of non availability of the sarree, connect with us to pre order. Turn around time would be 6 to 8 months depending on the density of the embroidery.
– These handcrafted sarees are not eligible for a return.
Dry clean & polish
Baruni- Kantha embroidered on pure Tussar Silk Saree