100 percent handwoven, this Pure Tussar Silk Kantha Stitch saree is as classy as it gets. The authentic “gheeya” wild tussar base of the saree, makes this saree extremely chic. However, it is the hand stitched Kantha embroidery atop, that escalates its elegance. The entire body of the saree has authetic and intricate‘kalka’ kantha stitch. The border and the frame of the pallu is a very contemporary kantha stitch, made out of double-fold inverse temple pattern. The pallu of this saree again is an ingenious work of art. It is a power packed and elaborate kantha stitch of rows of cones, gracing the pallu. The entire kantha stitch woven out of green, red and onion pink cotton threads. The colour palette used to create this saree, not only makes it extremely sophisticated but also extremely versatile. Be it a day event or a sundowner, Barnini is your answer! In Sanskrit, Barnini means beautiful. This saree from our collection is a special one. Barnini is our woven attempt to celebrate the women who are breaking the generic, problematic beauty standards of this society. It is an ode to those women who beautiful, inside out and who can see that beauty in each entity of this Earth!
Disclaimer: Kalkatte Vaali vouches that all our Kantha Stitch sarees are embroidered with premium quality cotton thread, which delineates the risk of colour spill. Every saree of our collection is 100 percent hand woven, taking approximately 6 to 8 months to complete . Hence donning a Kalkatte Vali saree is paying a homage to the relentless efforts of our brilliant artisans coming from the heart of humble District of Birbhum.
1 metre approx
Pure Tussar silk
Pure cotton threads
– The blouse piece of this saree is natural Tussar silk that has matching embroidery on the sleeves.
– The featured blouse worn by the model is solely for the purpose of photo shoot .
– In the event of availability of stock, the saree would get delivered to you in 7 business days time.
– In the event of non availability of the sarree, connect with us to pre order. Turn around time would be 6 to 8 months depending on the density of the embroidery.
– These handcrafted sarees are not eligible for a return.
Dry clean & polish
Barnini- Kantha embroidered on pure Tussar Silk Saree