We were inspired by the scene where the grasshoppers disperse randomly from their flock.
The neatness of the embroidery comes to the fore very effectively for the still grey dyed tussar silk used beneath it.
This is a perfect blend of tradition with modernity where we have brought the age old kantha embroidery & the modern palate together.
Disclaimer: Kalkatte Vali vouches that all our Kantha Stitch sarees are embroidered with premium quality cotton thread, which delineates the risk of colour spill. Every saree of our collection is 100 percent hand woven, taking approximately—— days to complete . Hence donning a Kalkatte Vali saree is paying a homage to the relentless efforts of our brilliant artisans coming from humble villages of District of Birbhum, West Bengal.
Pure Tussar silk
Pure cotton threads
– The blouse piece of this saree is natural Tussar silk that has matching embroidery on the sleeves.
– The featured blouse worn by the model is solely for the purpose of photo shoot .
– The saree would take a maximum of 6 months to get delivered to you in the event of a back order as the saree literally undergoes a journey that starts from the weavers quarter to the tracer of the design to the embroider to the finishing.
– In the event of availability of stock, the saree would get delivered to you in 7 business days time.
– These handcrafted sarees are not eligible for a return.
– Photo courtsey- Jaypore
Phoring- Kantha embroidered on pure Tussar Silk saree